Well, Samsung has finally announced and revealed their flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S9. It will come in two models, S9 and S9+. The exterior design has not change from the Galaxy S8. As with the name, the S9 has the smaller screen version while the S9+ has biggest screen, not only that the S9+ comes with two cameras in the back and bigger battery. Both phones do come with the same color options including the new Lilac Purple. Samsung has also upgraded its audio comes with Dolby Atmos sound and finally adding a stereo speakers.
Below are the specs:
- Gorilla Glass 5 front and back
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- 18.5 screen aspect ratio with resolution of 2,960x1440px
- 12MP, f1.5 and f2.4 aperture with dual pixel phase detection, OIS
- 8MP, f1.7 aperture front camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 / Samsung Exynos 9810 (depending on region)
- 4GB ram on S9 while S9+ has 6GB ram.
- 3,000 mAh on S9 while 3,500 mAh on S9+
- stereo speakers
- Intelligent scan (facial and iris recognition)
That is a lot of new features for the Galaxy S9 although, it is not a major upgrade form the Galaxy S8. I also wish they included an OIS on the front camera. it is too bad that the S9 did not get a boost in battery. Not only that, they did not add a white color option. It is an upgrade from the S7, but it seems like Samsung was not motivated on the S9.